Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Dawn


Good Morning Everyone and Happy Birthday Dawn!

This is the card that I made for my friend Dawn who is celebrating her Birthday today, we all met for morning tea yesterday, so she has received her card and it's safe to post!

When making the card I was inspired by a few challenges ~ Just Magnolia Challenge this week is to use pink in honour of Pink Ribbon Month and Paper Romance Challenge requested a round card. Totally Tilda Challenge this fortnight is Pink and Pearls ~ so this pearl shaker card fit into the challenge.



As you can see I've decided to make an easel card with a shaker top. I'm having a lot of fun with shaker cards at the moment! I've added this gorgeous butterfly bling from Julie at Creations In Paper. Magnolia Stamp Lovers Challenge requested some sparkle and my butterfly certainly sparkles!




This Tilda was from the Fairytale Collection which makes this card eligible for the Creative Card Crew Fairytale Challenge this week. She is coloured with copics and I'v used some old string pearls in the shaker box.
All the flowers are from Wild Orchid and I'm entering my card in the Wild Orchid Pastel Challenge this week.
The polka dot paper is from My Minds Eye "Lush" collection.




As Dawn's favourtie is Dragonflies I've included this Dragonfly charm that I've had stashed away to make her birthday card. The sentiment is from Stampin Up and from memory it's called Birthday wish. I've used nestabilites dies to mat my sentiment, they were also used to create the holes in the layers for the shaker box.




Thanks for staying with me through this long winded post! These last couple of photos show the layers of the card.


Thanks for for stopping by, have a great day Dawn!



22 comments:

  1. W O W !!! Sharon, this is beautiful, really stunning & what a lucky girl Dawn is to receive such an amzing card
    HUgz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl!!!! This is CUTE! So many little girly details and ahhhhhh I want to make one and haven't had time!!! Love the circle card!!!
    Hugs,Dena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon, just found your blog and I am now a follower. I love this round card. I must do one, they are so cute and classy!

    Happy crafting!
    Hugs
    Ali.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I'm sure Dawn loved it, she is one lucky lady to receive this beautiful card!
    This is stunning, love all the girly bits on it! Jules

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super gorgeous and sweet card. Amazing layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. I love the shaker card and the Could you tell me how to make this card?
    Thank you for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzer Tilda creation Sharon your friend am sure is delighted to receive this stunning creation..lots of detail & Pink, love the use of lots of dies..many thanks for sharing & joining us at Totally Tilda pink/pearls chall.

    smiles Christine TT DT & girlies xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzer Tilda creation Sharon your friend am sure is delighted to receive this stunning creation..lots of detail & Pink, love the use of lots of dies..many thanks for sharing & joining us at Totally Tilda pink/pearls chall.

    smiles Christine TT DT & girlies xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have created such a beautiful card! I love all of the wonderful details. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew!
    Denise
    CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wonderful card Sharon,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW is not enough to compliment the card you made!
    huggies'
    anary
    GilliDtScout

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning! Love it!
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow Sharon what a brilliant way to use this Tilda...I love your beautiful pink card...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous! creative! imagianitive! perfect! Love it!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pearls inside the shaker box-Fantabulous creation!!Thanks for participating in the Pink and Pearls challenge at Totally Tilda! xoxo Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty card!
    Thanks so much for playing along at the Creative Card Crew this time!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Sharon...your card is absolutely gorgeous!!
    I just love how you created this easel card and a shaker no less....brilliant!! Beautiful delicate colors and details too.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is Adorable! Thanks for playing along this week at Paper Romance!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my word I just love this Tilda card, I never think of shaker cards but this has inspired me. It must be something about the name but I love dragonflies, Tilda and pink/pearls too!! Thanks for joining in with the pink and pearls challenge at Totally Tilda.
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. OHHHH WOW! Shaker and easel and round and FANTASTIC!


    Thanks for joining Totally Tilda challenges!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh Sharon LOVE THIS!!!!! The pearls inside are the icing on the cake so to speak..
    LOVE IT!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting, your encouragement and lovely comments are really appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails