Thursday, January 20, 2011

60th Birthday Card


Good Morning All,

Well I'm obviously a great sleeper because I managed to sleep through some heavy rain last night that flooded our town again! We got quite a surprise this morning on our walk when we had to change our direction twice because of flooded roads. I'm sure the water will subside this morning and hope that it didn't effect those in Brisbane too much.

Onto today's card, this is one that my friend requested for a 60th Birthday she is attending. I've used this weeks sketch over at Friday Sketchers  for my layout.  The papers I've used are from the Basic Grey Oliver paper pad and the colours suit this weeks Blue and Green theme over at A Spoon Full of Sugar Stampin for the Weekend  also called for Blue this week in conjunction with something new. My something new is my gingham ribbon and also the cute little compressor that I've just purchase to go with my copic spray system. I'm still trying to master this :)



The digital image I've used is by Mo Manning and I've used copics to colour the image with a touch of dimensional magic to give the water a gloss wet look. My card also fits the recipe of 1 Image, 2 Ribbons and 3 Pattern Papers over at the Daring Cardmakers Challenge they are sponsored this week by Robyn's Fetish. 




I've use my Quickutz for the number 60, stitched my panels, added the charm and pearls for finishing touches. I'm entering this card over at the Creative Card Crew  - For Men.

Thanks for stopping by,

 
   

7 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love the colors your chose and what a cleverer way to do your sky.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Sharon
    Fabulous design, I absolutely love how you did the background...awesome!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card.. love the colours and design.
    You'll have to come and give me some tips on using the airbrush system as still mine sits in the box in came in from about 6 months ago!! Still a little unsure of it!!
    Gee you must have had heavy rain for you to flood!! Gotta love this unsual weather we are having!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is fabulous - love the image and those papers. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, love the mix of papers.
    thanks for joining in with DCM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just FABULOUS!!!!! Love the gorgeous rich colours....such a great male themed card, thank you for your inspiration! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting, your encouragement and lovely comments are really appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails