Sunday, June 26, 2011

Magnolia Down Under - Stitches and Swirls


Good Morning All,

Well what a week! It all started last Sunday afternoon when I had to take my husband to emergency at Noosa Hospital after he tried to chop the end off his thumb rather than the broccoli! Anyway three hours and some stitches later we arrived home to notice our beloved family dog just wasn't herself. The next morning I took her to the vet where she was diagnosed with pancreatitis and had to spend three days on an IV drip.
She is now back with us and recovering - Thank Goodness! She honestly has to be the most expensive dog in town with her two reconstructed knees and now this :) But we love her to bits and would be lost without her!

Which brings me to my card... about time! I was just preparing to make my card when all this trouble erupted last Sunday afternoon:)

The challenge at Magnolia Down Under this week is to add stitching and swirls to your card. We also have a terrific prize up for grabs this week by our wonderful new sponsor Stempel Phantasien a store owned by our teammie Kathrin!



Here is a pic of the prize Kathrin has on offer





I chose these English Rose Kaiser papers for my card as they had swirls on them and added a few of my usual favourites Wild Orchid Flowers, Ribbon, Lace and Pearls. Which makes my card an entry at Stampin for the Weekend - My Favourite Things and A Spoonfull of Sugar - Ribbons and Bows.


Tilda is coloured with copics and I've added these cute key and locket charms from Prima. The photography isn't the best as one of my darling children has been using my camera and playing with my settings :(

This week at Magnolia Down Under we also welcome a new DT Lori. Lori's creations are just gorgeous, so make sure you drop by Magnolia Down Under and check out the cards by Lori all of the DT.

Thanks for stopping by,


7 comments:

  1. What an eventfull week you have had Sharon, I do hope Peter's hand is soon healed and he doesn't escape the cooking for tooooo long x Hope your precious doggy is soon better too.
    Your Card is Gorgeous, I just love this Tilda she is so sweet. The papers and swirls are beautiful, I just adore the whole card xx Mau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following Sharon, I really am grateful xx Mau
    ps I will say extra prayers for Peter..we can't have him away from the washing up too Long can we ...lol what about rubber gloves!! oops! I never really said that, sorry Peter :0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, what a week you have had!! Everything always happens at once, doesn't it? Happy that everyone is on the mend. Your card is so gorgeous, everything is so soft & pretty & I love the pearl swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Sharon, this card is breathtaking.. I just love all the soft colours and that layout it amazing.. Get well wishes go out to your Hubby and your beloved Dog.. I am glad I am not the only one to spend thousands on my dog.. Bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful card Sharon,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, your card is splendid! I love the elegance of the pearls and flowers. I hope both the patients in your family recover quickly. How you can produce such beautiful work after the harrowing experiences is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowzer!!! such a gorgeous and pretty card!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting, your encouragement and lovely comments are really appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails