Sunday, May 01, 2011

Magnolia Down Under - Ribbon & Lace


Good Morning Everyone!

So sorry for the lack of posts lately - I've been on an extended Easter Break as my Boss closed the business between Easter and the following Long Weekend (WooHoo 11 consecutive days off!!)

Today I have my card for the latest Magnolia Down Under Challenge - this time we'd like to see some lace and ribbon used together on your card or project.

I've decided to try a twisted Easel Card - my first attempt and I've gone for some really bright colours that I normally don't use :)



The papers are from a 6x6 Cosmo Cricket paper pad and I've combined them with some Pale Mauve and Bright Teal Bazzill.  I've had the rest of the supplies I've used in my stash forever and I've gone with some flat flowers that I never really use much anymore - must try to!!! (I have sooooo many). The large gems and bright purple satin ribbon for the finishing touches really give the card a lift - but too much I hope..... it is very bright :)



The sentiment is from Just Rite -  newly aquired purchase as I need some beautiful verses.

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:-

Simon Says Stamp - Any Goes - Happy Second Anniversay!!
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Flower Challenge
Charisma Cardz - April Showers/May Flowers

Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to prepare myself for my son's 15th Birthday Party - just him and 12 of his closest friend spending the night!!!! Wish me luck :)

7 comments:

  1. TWELVE BOYS PLUS BIRTHDAY BOY....Whoa!! You go girl...You will need another 11 days off to get over it...mind you it would be worse with girls...lol...
    Your card is gorgeous, the colours are bright and fresh, love the twisted easel...
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sharon, I love the lace and that big beautiful bow!!
    Good luck with the party, how much damage can 13 fifteen year old boys cause, bahahaha!!! (I should not laugh, I have all that to look forward too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon :)
    I guess I should start off wishing you Good luck with the birthday party :) I'm sure it will be smashing and all of birthdayboys friends will think you're the coolest mum on earth ;)

    LOVE this twisted easelcard, that is a lovely and fresh colorcombo :). Little Tilda is amazingly inked and your details are very beautiful!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Sharon - and great work with colours you're not used too - it can be tough but you pulled it off in spades!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh! Sharon! I love the sentiment! Your card is gorgeous, so fresh and pretty :o)
    Have a great weekend,
    Hugs
    Kylie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card love the color
    hugs
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon,

    I am still playing catchup in blogland at the mo, I have enjoyed looking round your blog at all that I have missed. you have so many gorgeous and fabulous creations here, thank you so much for the inspiration!

    This card is just stunning!! Loving that fabby bow and the gorrgeous swirls, stunning and luxurious!!

    Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting, your encouragement and lovely comments are really appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails